The Queen of Media
A Sage learns early on that the quest for knowledge trumps frivolous pastimes and encourages you to learn something new and valuable from every experience. It’s first nature for the Sage to cultivate their knowledge even further by continuously digging for more information beyond the experience.
Oprah the Sage
Oprah Winfrey started her quest for knowledge with challenges intrinsic to growing up in poverty without an environment set on nurturing her thoughtful mind. But she didn’t allow her environment to stop her from developing her deep thinking nature.
When Oprah moved in with her grandmother and accelerated in school to the point that she was granted access and scholarship to a better prep academy her status was never something left alone. She was constantly reminded where she came from but instead of becoming complacent in what she knew as her reality she continued to learn and create opportunities for herself through education and experience.
Oprah Winfrey grew up and became a household name and a symbol of what education and grit can help one to accomplish. She is an entrepreneur through and through, as an American media publisher, producer, actor, philanthropist, and talk show host.
Through her 25 season-run as talk show host on The Oprah Winfrey Show, the development of her own production and media companies including Harpo Productions, The Oprah Winfrey Network, O: The Oprah Magazine, and of course her charity, the Angel Network, Oprah has been dubbed “the Queen of all Media”.
Through every venture, she has kept her conversations free of tabloid topics and has elevated the subjects covered in her medias to explore spirituality, literature, politics, current events, self-improvement and the advancement of women.
Oprah Winfrey and so many other individuals with characteristics of the Sage are seen in their productive zone with the gifts of
- Intelligence and wisdom,
- Passion for lifelong learning,
- Personal and work-related revelations stemming from facts and figures found through study,
- Inspiration from intellectual challenge,
- and purpose in understanding the world and finding the Truth.
For some, your Sage gets in the way of getting things done. While Oprah has openly shared her shortcomings and challenges in her personal life we don’t as often see her embody the struggles of the Sage, but there is wisdom in keeping some of your secrets secret. For a Sage, their shadow traits are often embodied by
- Fear of losing your intellectual edge (sometimes the Sage may think, my wisdom is all used up),
- Feeling blindsided by people who doubt your knowledge or don’t find it valuable,
- Finding it challenging to refrain from judging those who are content with their current level of knowledge or those who have no desire to continue learning,
- Struggling with becoming so caught up in facts and thoughts to the point of withdrawing from others,
- And, becoming lonely in your own thoughts.
As Oprah has successfully employed the gifts of her Sage she has become one of America’s or even the World’s most accomplished and influential women. Even after The Oprah Winfrey Show came to a close she continues to be one of the smartest people in the room, offering insight, making new discoveries, and advising others.
Are you a Sage like Oprah? Take our 10-question teaser quiz to find out what you might be! As always we love to hear from you, so what are you waiting for? Share your thoughts in the comments below!